Monday, August 23, 2010

Trouble-Shooting

I cracked open a bottle of Cranberry wine this weekend. I bottled it last spring. I liked it - I really did. I chilled it well. It tasted slightly sweet, and slightly cranberry....but only slightly winey. It was watery. I suspect it needed more fermentation, or maybe more sugar to ferment. I'm not sure yet. I'll have to do some research. Anyways, I'm only a tiny bit disappointed, because I honestly do like it. I could sip on it all night and not get sleepy:)

Also this weekend, I moved the blackberry must into it's secondary. It overflowed the airlock. This has not yet happened to me. It was so active it just shot over the top. I emptied the airlock, cleaned it up and stuck it back on. It seems to have calmed down. The brew is bubbling nicely.

~Salut, Linny

No comments:

Post a Comment